Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lonely Sisi

It’s time for a new challenge at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog and this week it’s….

Pink & Girly.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Ppinkydolls.

I’d never actually heard of Ppinkydolls until it was announced as our sponsor for this challenge but I must say the images are gorgeous and hope I’ve done this one justice.

P1050372

I decided to make a Criss Cross card today. I haven’t made one of these in ages even though they are quite easy to make. I’m sure I’ll be making more of them from now on. I’ve used some pretty ‘pink & girly’ papers from Kaisercraft for my card today. This print is called ‘Charismatic and is from the ‘Key To My Heart’ Collection.

I have stamped the image onto X-Press It Blending Card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with my Copic Markers.

The colours I’ve used are: Skin – E21, E00, E000, R20; Hair - E55, E53, E51; Eyes - BG02, BG01; Dress - R85, R83, R81.

Here’s a closer look at the image.

P1050373

My image was cut out and layered using the Large Classic & Scallop Oval Nestabilities from Spellbinders. This has then been layered onto the Large Petra Oval (LR0240) from Marianne Design. I’ve added some Shabby Pink Frantage around the image and a little bouquet of flowers which are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I’ve edged my ‘criss cross’ panels with the Scalloped Stitch Lace die from Doohickey, added a little lace under my image and a Monarch Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart to the front panel.

Here’s what the inside looks like.

P1050374

I’ve used 2 of the smaller dies from LR0240 by Marianne Design on the inside panel. One for the sentiment and another for the pull tab at the top. I’ve also added a Bride Bow from Doohickey to the pull tab and another Monarch Butterfly Punch. The corners have some pearls added, along with the centre of the butterfly and lastly I added a larger pearl to the centre of the bow.

If you haven’t already stopped by the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog then pop over now and check out what the rest of the DT have created for this week’s challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lonely Sisi (Ppinkydolls), Well Scripted (retired Stampin’ Up)
Card: Very Vanilla & Pear Pizzazz (Stampin’ Up), X-Press It Blending Card
Paper: Charisma - Key To My Heart Collection (Kaisercraft)
Dies & Punches: Monarch Butterfly (Martha Stewart), LR0240 (Marianne Design), Large Classic & Scallop Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Bride Bow & Scallop Stitch Lace (Doohickey)
Ink & Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Lace (stash), Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Pearls & Very Vanilla Seam Binding (Stampin’ Up) 

I’m entering my card into the following challenges:

Come and Get It - Ribbon & Bows

In The Pink - #61 Pink & Pearlie

Scrap & Craft - #1 Anything Goes

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

7 comments:

Bunny said...

Hey, Nikki. This is a pretty card inside and out. Lovely colors and i love her eyes in this image. A really nice job on this. Thank you for joining us this week at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Marcy said...

This is so adorable and very girly! Love your design and the pretty flowers!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous,Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Kat W said...

You have absolutely done this image justice with your stunning colouring and gorgeous card :-)
Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink Challenge!
Kat x

Dangina Martinez said...

Stunning! I Love the way you colored her up and her beautiful setting! Looks Amazingly Gorgeous!

Lady E said...

Stunning card and absolutely beautiful colours!! Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and good luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So beautiful, love the frantage and the awesome card design with this cute image.