Saturday, February 1, 2014

In the Snow Heart Tilda

We have a new challenge for you today over at Inkspirational Challenges and this time it’s a…….

So what you need to do for this challenge is pop on over to Yvonne’s blog and find a card that you would like to CASE.

CASE = Copy and Share Everything.

You card/creation needs to resemble Yvonne’s (and we need to be able to see the resemblance) but you also need to put your own twist on it. So you might wish to keep the layout or theme of her card but change out the image, papers & embellishments, etc.

We can’t wait to see what you all come up with so come join us at Inkspirational.

Here’s the card I chose to CASE of Yvonne’s.

Untitled-1

Here’s my creation.

P1040268

I’ve loved Yvonne’s layout for her card so I have kept most of this. I also stuck to her Christmas theme but have gone totally away from Yvonne’s vintage look to a cute Tilda card which I guess still has a vintagey feel with the dsp, sponging, lace, etc.

My image has been stamped onto Cryogen White cardstock and coloured with Copic Markers.

The colours I’ve used are: Skin- E00, E000, E0000 R20; Hair – E44, E42, E40; Clothes – BG78, BG75, BG72 & BG90, Boots – C8, C6, C4, C2, C0.

I’ve added some liquid applique to her mittens and beanie and also Frantaged a little around the image. This was my first attempt at using Frantage and I managed to achieve the soft look I wanted (although I would have liked a little more of the gold) and best of all I didn’t make a mess…..lol.

Here’s a closer look at the image.

P1040269

And another

P1040270

For the inside of my card I’ve used some more of the DSP and another doily to tie it all together.

P1040272

I love how this turned out. Hope you like it too. Please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know.

Supplies:
Stamps: In the Snow Heart Tilda (Magnolia – Winter Wonderland), Petite Pairs (Stampin’ Up)
Card: Naturals Ivory & Very Vanilla (Stampin’ Up), Cryogen White, Winter Wonderland – In The Snow (Magnolia DSP)
Ink:Island Indigo & Crumb Cake(Stampin’ Up), Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Circle Framelits, Curly Label Punch, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Pearls, sponge (Stampin’ Up), Doilies (from the Silhouette Store and cut on my Cameo), Lace, Snowflake (Joy Crafts Die), Frantage – Shabby White (Stampendous), White Liquid Applique, Copic Markers.

Don’t forget to stop by Inkspirational, if you haven’t already, and see what the rest of the DT came up with for this challenge.

Hope to see you join us.

I’m entering my card into the following challenges:

Christmas Card Challenges – #9 Anything Goes

Die Cuttin’ Divas – Challenge #150 Winter Fun

Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenges – Challenge #201 Christmas

Incy Wincy Designs – Ribbons & Pearls

Magnolia-liscious Challenges Blog – Anything Goes

My Perfect Life – Festive 48 Week 3

The Crafter’s Cafe – Use Ribbon and/or Lace

The Sisterhood of Crafters – Winter Snowflakes

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: