Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Shades of Blue

It’s time for a new challenge at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog and this week is……

CASE yourself or a DT member.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Aurora Wings and they have provided us with some images to create and inspire you with.

I have chosen to CASE one of our DT members, Shanna Shands, and use the lovely ‘Shades of Blue’ image from Aurora Wings.

Here is Shanna’s card that I am CASEing.

Here’s what I came up with.

P1040252

I’ve gone with the layout that Shanna has used minus an embellishment in the bottom left corner.

Isn’t this image gorgeous!!!

My image has been printed onto X-Press It Blending card and coloured with my Copic Markers.

I’ve used some variegated dsp from My Mind’s Eye which I’ve chosen the colours from for my image.

The colours I have used are: Skin – E11, E00, E000; Hair – E44, E42, E40; Dress, Wings & Dark Flowers – BG75, BG72, BG70; Other Flowers – G24, G21, G20 or YG25, YG23, YG21.

Here’s a closer view of the image.

P1040253

Here’s another angle of the card showing the sparkle I’ve added to the wings.

P1040254

You can see the sparkle but still not all of it. The wings are totally covered in sparkle which makes this card look much prettier in real life.

The Aurora Wings images are gorgeous and I’m sure I will be using them again.

Some of the other DT members have used Grumpy Fae from Aurora Wings. I made a card recently using this image which you can view here.

I hope my card inspires you in some way and you enter our challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Shades of Blue (Aurora Wings), Loving Thoughts (Stampin’ Up)
Card: X-Press It Blending Card, Adorbs “Special” Striking Paper (My Mind’s Eye), Basic Black & Whisper White (Stampin’ Up)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Scallop Teardrop Punch (Martha Stewart), Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds & Oval punches (Stampin’ Up)

If you haven’t already stopped by the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog then pop over now and check out what the rest of the DT have created for this week’s challenge.

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: