Saturday, September 26, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

Jayne Mercer recently posted a Kusudama Ball she had made using the Bella Rose DSP which reminded me that I had seen them done previous years using Christmas Papers. Now I’m usually not a folded paper sort of person but I have Christmas DSP from previous years that has now retired and I thought this would be a great way to use some (if not all) of it up.

So far I’ve made 2 using some of the Holiday Thyme DSP. Yes that’s right. It’s from 2 years ago. The ribbon is also Cranberry Crisp Double Stitched. So glad I kept some of that too now.

 

Kusudama 1

 

 

Here’s the 1st one:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kusudama 2

 

 

and of course this is the 2nd one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m really happy how they turned out and they are really quite easy. I think the hardest part is gluing the 2 halves together.

 

On another note, I hope to be posting more regularly later next week. Yes I know I keep saying this but my laptop is back in again (and has been for the last 10 days) for repairs and I so hope they phone and say it’s ready in the earlier part of the week. You don’t realise how much you rely on computers until they aren’t around and having this computer in another room than my craft room makes it harder to do some things. I’d also like it all set back up before school breaks up on Friday for 2 weeks. Not how I really want to spend school holidays.



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hey there Nikki!

Absolutely love your little balls! Carol Dunstan made me a beautiful one and gave it to me at convention! She challenged me to make one but sadly I only did one bit of it and I just got too busy to do any more! Maybe I need to sit down and tackle it again after seeing your lovely ones!

Karen
x

Debbie Pamment said...

These are gorgeous Nicole! What a great way to use up old DP!
xXx

Robyn said...

Wow Nicole! These turned out so pretty! Love those colours-but you must be a real "paper hoarder" LOL