Saturday, June 13, 2009

Upsy Daisy Thanks

Finally I’ve managed to allocate some time to photographing, editing and posting some more cards.

Recently I discovered Kim Badelt’s blog, thanks to Makeesha, and love the cards she creates but I especially like how she decorates the inside of the card too. It really finishes the card off nicely. I also attended one of Marelle’s classes last week and she did the same in one of her cards. I won’t share those with you yet though as it was her Stamp-A-Stack class for June so she will share them next month I’m sure and if she doesn’t show the inside I’ll post mine up then.

Today’s cards are using the Upsy Daisy stamp set and yes I’ve started decorating the inside of my cards now too.

This first card I’ve first stamped the Daisies in Baja Breeze onto Whisper White card and then I’ve stamped slightly to the right of the first image in Not Quite Navy. This gives a subtle shadow which creates a bit of depth to the image.

Upsy Daisy 4

 

and this is the inside

Upsy Daisy 4 inside 

I haven’t done a lot for the inside as I think the daisy image is enough on it’s own.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Upsy Daisy, Thank You Kindly
Card: Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Silver Hodgepodge, Corner Rounder Punch

For the second card I’ve used Stampin’ Write Markers to colour the daisies.

Upsy Daisy 5

and for the inside I’ve just stamped the daisies in Not Quite Navy.

Upsy Daisy 5 inside 

Supplies:
Stamp set: Upsy Daisy
Card: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss Patterns DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy (inkpads & markers) [Kiwi Kiss marker has been made using Carol Dunstan’s tutorial]
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Corner Rounder Punch.

For my last Upsy Daisy card I’m going to share with you today I selected a Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #SC215 and then used the Splitcoaststampers Colour Challenge #CC215. The colour challenge was Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Basic Gray. I also threw in Very Vanilla.

Upsy Daisy 6

and for the inside I’ve just stamped the daisies again but in Pink Pirouette.

Upsy Daisy 6 inside

Supplies:
Stamp set: Upsy Daisy
Card: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Raspberry Tart DSP, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Corner Rounder Punch.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: