Monday, June 15, 2009

Cheep Talk

I don’t tend to create a lot of ‘cute’ cards as you may have noticed and mainly use flowers in my cards. In March when demonstrators were given a few select items that we could order from the upcoming IB&C (now released IB&C) one of the sets included was Good Friends. Now I thought the bird was quite cute but seeing it was so large I didn’t think I would use it but I was hoping we’d get the smaller set called Cheep Talk in the full IB&C and of course we did. So yes I ordered it. (I also have Good Friends after using my downlines set and liking it. Surprise, Surprise…..)

At present I have a few sets on my stamp tables that I am making sure I use before going back to some others that have already seen a fair bit of ink. I’m determined not to have any uninked sets or minimally used sets in my collection from the current IB&C this time around. One of the sets on my table is Cheep Talk.

In the last couple of days in what little spare time I’ve had I’ve created 2 cards using this set.

For this first card I initially chose another Splitcoast Sketch Challenge #SC229 and for colours I went with those in the Good Morning Sunshine DSP I chose to use, but as I was sitting the layers on the card to see if I liked it before adhering, I decided to change it and also add some more DSP that I initially wasn’t going to use. The end result is this.

Cheep Talk 1

and for the inside of this card I’ve added a little matching dsp

Cheep Talk 1 inside

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Cheep Talk
Card: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, So Saffron
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon.

For card #2 I’ve used Splitcoast Sketch Challenge #SC183 and have used Windsor Knot DSP and coordinating colours.

Cheep Talk 2

and for the inside I’ve just stamped the bird.

Cheep Talk 2 inside

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Cheep Talk
Card: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Windsor Knot DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Rhinestone Brads – Fire, Earth Elements Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Paper Piercing template & tool (Tool Kit)



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Love the one with the Good Morning Sunshine DSP Nicole !- I have had trouble using those patterns but they look fantastic on your card! TFS!