Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrating with family and friends eating lots of yummy food.

Well that's what I've been doing among other things with family over the past few weeks and very little stamping. Apart from 2 things I needed to get out before Christmas I have done no other stamping for nearly a month which is probably a record for me.

I was that busy leading up to Christmas with last minute shopping and end of school things such as Presentation Day where 2 of my younger 3 received certificates, one received the Year 4 Computer Certificate (wonder where she gets that interest from....) and the other received her Year 1 Class Mathematics Certificate (Maths was my strong area when I was at school too so I'm going to take the credit for this one too..... don't tell hubby). We also had 3 different family get togethers with only one being on Christmas Day and I also had to sneak off and see Twilight before school broke up as there was no way I was going with 4 children in tow to see that.......

Hubby shut his business down for nearly 2 weeks only going back today so I thought it only fair that I take a break too. As part of a Christmas present this year we received High School Musical Live on Stage tickets which was for Sunday 28th December. Our girls really enjoyed that and now that dad's back at work they want to go see High School Musical 3 along with a few other movies. Not sure how many we'll get to as it's quite costly taking 5 of you to the Cinema's these days so we might have to vote on what we miss out on. We've also been having lots of fun with our family Christmas present also known as a Wii and Wii-Fit. If you haven't watched someone Hula Hoop on a Wii yet you don't know what you're missing.

Anyway let's move on to why you are really here and that's to see what I've been creating. Yes on Saturday I finally sat down and started stamping again. I've only just managed to photograph the cards today though as I've been a little off colour. I made 4 cards but I'm only going to show you one a day so hopefully by the time I've shared those I'll have had a chance to create some more. I'm not going to make promises but I'll try to be a little more consistent this year.

The first card is:

Live Your Dreams 4 

 

I actually made this card for the SplitCoastStampers Limited Supply Challenge (LSC201)- My Favourite Things but still have to upload it (hopefully in the morning). I haven't done a Limited Supply Challenge before but I liked the sound of this one. We could use any theme but of course it had to be a favourite set or favourite company (obviously they should have just said a Stampin' Up! set), we were limited to 3 favourite colours of card + a neutral, and could only use 2 - 3 other favourite things so I've used punches and paper piercing. This stamp set is a new one from the Summer Mini which is a current favourite.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Live Your Dream
Card: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Old Olive Prints DSP
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & Old Olive Markers
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Small & Large Oval Punches, Paper Piercing template & tool (Tool Kit), Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post buddy ....Really the school days are the best days of life...The content of the post was really nice...we are trying to reunite school friends through our website to share their fond memories.