Monday, November 3, 2008

My weekend creations......

 

Friday night was fortnightly stamp night with friends, although anyone local to Lalor Park NSW is welcome to join us so email me if you are interested in coming along and I can let you know what happens. I like to have some sort of plan of what I'd like to do so I at least get something made. We stamp at my kitchen table so not sure if my mojo sometimes remains in my craft room but I always seem to get less done on Friday night stamping out there than I do if we stamp again on the Saturday night in my craft room (not as much room in there for everyone but Saturday is usually a smaller group).

This week I decided I was going to make a Christmas themed Free-standing Pop-up card and this is what I came up with:

Season of Joy 2

Supplies:
Stamp set: Season of Joy
Card: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock
Accessories: 1 5/8" & 1 1/4" circle punches, Corner rounder punch, Crop-a-dile, Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, Sticky Strip.

This was my first attempt at one of these so I'm quite happy with it.

The only other thing I did that night was to complete a page in a Friendship Book from a yahoo group I'm in. See not much from me in that 5 hour period but the 2 Baileys and the fact I was sorting out my upcoming Summer Mini preorder might just have been contributing factors there......

Saturday night wasn't a great deal better unfortunately. I was supposed to have a Christmas SAS on Friday with a friend/mum from my girls school but I'd forgotten I was going to the Papercraft Festival on Friday so we moved the SAS to the Saturday night and the lady came with us to Papercrafts instead. This was her first time ever at a Papercraft Show so she was fascinated with it all. So Saturday night I was demonstrating and instructing on the Christmas Cards and in between working on some of my own creations..... I wouldn't normally do this at a SAS but this lady is also a friend and if she needed help I stopped and assisted her first. When we were done she stayed and watched and chatted for a while with my good friend and neighbour that I was stamping with as she was very intrigued by what we were doing seeing that she is really new to stamping and all that it has to offer.

So what did I create on Saturday night?  First off I stamped in another Friendship Book and then I decided to pull out my recently purchased but not yet used Bloomin' with Beauty stamp set. This set is from the current Spring Mini catalogue which ends 30th November so if there is anything you wanted don't leave it till the last minute and then find it's too late.....

Here's my Saturday night creation.

Bloomin' with Beauty 1

Not only did I use a new stamp set but I also pulled out some long neglected but much loved items to create this card and that was my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Fine Lace Background stamp.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Bloomin' with Beauty, Fine Lace
Card: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Stazon Black, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Earth Elements brads, Tool Kit, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals.

I loved playing with this set so Sunday after we returned from Church, as my middle 2 girls are doing their Holy Communion this month, I decided I was going to play with it some more. I picked out a Sketch Challenge from Splitcoaststampers this time which had a circular piece in the layering so I could also use my newly purchased Creative Memories Circle Cutters. I'm holding out hope for Stampin' Up to include the Coluzzle Cutting system in our next IB&C but I still want to be able to do some different things until that happens and I'm sure many of you out there have 'other' things you use in your creating too.

And here is this creation:

Bloomin' with Beauty 2

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Bloomin' with Beauty, Fine Lace
Card: Always Artichoke, Ballet Blue, Creamy Caramel, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Stazon Black, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals, CM Circle Cutters (non-SU)

The colours I've used are from the Colour Coach. I was a little unsure at first but they have grown on me and I'm loving this stamp set and watercolouring again.

Next was this one:

Bloomin' with Beauty 3

This card was actually inspired by this card on Splitcoaststampers by Joanne. Now my card doesn't compare to Joanne's but it made me want to use my Nestabilities which are something rather neglected by me as I try to create only using SU items for my blog which of course can be done quite successfully but I didn't buy them to not be used ( I have enough of that sitting around...hahaha) and hopefully you don't mind if I start using them more.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Bloomin' with Beauty, Sincere Salutations
Card: Old Olive, Regal Rose, Watercolour Paper, Rose Red Prints DSP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Nestabilities (non-SU)

I managed to make 1 more card using this set on Sunday and then I had to stop so I could get dinner ready on time and then get the ironing done. Housework....it always gets in our way....hahaha.

So this is my last creation for the weekend.

Bloomin' with Beauty 4

Now I like the other 3 Bloomin' with Beauty cards but I must say this is my favourite. This time I watercoloured with the inkpads and an aqua painter, just for a change and also because we don't have In Colours in Watercolour Wonder Crayons. I've also used my recently new Basic Phrases stamp set too. This one is all SU again too.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Bloomin' with Beauty, Basic Phrases
Card: Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Watercolour Paper, Spring Break DSP
Ink: Stazon Black, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel.
Accessories: Small & Large Oval Punches, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Aqua Painter.

I'm so glad I ended up purchasing this set as even though I did like it when the Spring Mini was first released, I wasn't sure if I would use it enough. Well I don't think that's going to be a concern anymore so look out you will probably see some more in the not too distant future as I plan on trying out some more colour combinations.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: