Monday, October 20, 2008

Make A Wish

Today I'm sharing a Tunnel Card with you all. The stamp set I've used is Big Bold Birthday which is 20% off during October with the purchase of $20 worth of regular catalogue merchandise. This set is only 1 of 5 pre-selected sets on special during October for Stampin' Up!'s 20th Birthday Promotion. You can view the full promotion here.

This card was made for my 2nd eldest daughter who turned 10 on Saturday. Her favourite colour is Blue so that's what I worked with.

Big Bold Birthday - Courtney 

 

 

I've used my Nestabilities for layering the cupcake as I felt it needed a little something. Unfortunately I'd worked from the inside of the card out so couldn't use the matching jumbo wheel or even a background stamp to add a little bit of something to the base card as the card wasn't flat enough to risk attempting a good stamped image. I've used the word window punch for the words and then layered that onto a small oval punch piece.

 

 

 

 

 

Now for the inside of the card. I used Prints Designer Series Paper here and my Coluzzle Cutting System for the oval cut outs. I've had my Coluzzle for years but don't often think to use it but making this style of card it came in very handy. Not sure what I could have used in it's place.

Big Bold Birthday - Courtney inside

 

My daughter was happy with it but unfortunately it didn't compare to the Blue iPod that was her present. We decided to spoil her as she recently participated in the University Computer Test that you can do at Primary School and she received a High Distinction which placed her in the top 1% of NSW and ACT entrants. On a whole she does really well at school and if you can't spoil your own children from time to time, who can.....

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Big Bold Birthday, It's Your Birthday
Card: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue Prints DSP
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, More Mustard Ink pads, Rose Red & More Mustard Markers
Accessories: Bashful Blue 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Linen Thread, Word Window Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals, Coluzzle Cutting System, Nestabilities.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: