Thursday, October 23, 2008

Le Jardin Carte Postale.

Le Jardin is the lovely Designer Series paper in gorgeous colours of River Rock, Soft Sky, So Saffron and Very Vanilla. Carte Postale is one of the lovely stamp sets that coordinates with the Le Jardin DSP.

Tonight is my monthly stamp class that a few mum's from my daughter's school attend. We normally just do cards but we have decided to do some boxes or other 3-D items and tonight I've turned it into a 3 piece set.

Stamp Class October 08

Isn't this colour combination just gorgeous? It's so soft looking. I must say I'm very happy with these creations and hope the ladies are too.

Here's a closer look at each of them.

The Tote.....

Le Jardin Tote 

 

I didn't think this needed any stamping as the paper is just gorgeous on it's own and I've covered a fair space on the front and back.

 

Supplies:
Card: Soft Sky, River Rock, Le Jardin DSP
Accessories: Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Sticky Strip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first card I made was this one.

 

Carte Postale 1

 

For this card I used a left over piece of the DSP I've used on the Tote. I layered it straight onto the Soft Sky card, stamped Mon Amie in River Rock ink on the bottom right hand corner and added some paper piercing underneath. I've then stamped the flower square image on Very Vanilla Card using So Saffron ink and then punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I've then punched a 1 3/8" circle from Soft Sky card and a Scallop Circle from some River Rock card. This is then all layered as shown and mounted to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

 

Supplies:
Stamp set: Carte Postale
Card: Soft Sky, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Le Jardin DSP
Ink: So Saffron, River Rock
Accessories: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop circle punch, tool kit, stampin' dimensionals.

 

 

 

For the final card I decided to make a Joy Fold Card.

 

Carte Postale Joy Fold

For the base of this card I've used Very Vanilla card and added 2 coordinating pieces of Le Jardin DSP. The top flap is So Saffron with Very Vanilla card which I have stamped images from the Carte Postale stamp set. Inside also has a piece of Very Vanilla card which I've left blank until I need to use the card and can then select an appropriate stamp or just hand write on it. As you can see I've Paper Pierced around the Very Vanilla stamped piece and the bird has been stamped, cut out and then mounted with stampin' dimensionals. I've used the same scallop flower piece as on the previous card which holds the card shut.

 

Supplies:
Stamp set: Carte Postale
Card: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, River Rock, Soft Sky, Le Jardin DSP
Ink: River Rock, Soft Sky, So Saffron.
Accessories: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop circle punch, tool kit, stampin' dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Carol Dunstan said...

what a classy set!

ps oh the irony! The word verification I have to type is "typed". I kid you not!