Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stampin' Up Convention 2008 + my Swap card

It's been a busy few weeks for me and hence part of the reason for no card posts. The Stampin' Up Convention 2008 was held in Brisbane on 11th & 12th April and I was busy leading up to this making my swap cards. All up I made 120 card fronts to swap with other demonstrators and the good news is I swapped them all.

Initially I came up with one card design but in 4 different colour schemes. I was going to make 50 of each but then some demonstrators weren't making a lot, due to time restrictions, so I revised my plan. I didn't want to be coming home with a stack of my own card fronts after all. The colour schemes I came up with all needed to include a colour from the Earth Elements brads and this is what I came up with.

Carte Postale - Old OliveCarte Postale - More Mustard Carte Postale - Not Quite Navy Carte Postale - Ruby Red

Clockwise from top left: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie, next is Not Quite Navy, More Mustard & Old Olive, then Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red & More Mustard and finally Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy & More Mustard. This last combination is what I ended up using for all 120 swaps.

Convention was great fun again this year. What else could it be when you spend 2 days with 280+ other demonstrators stamping, watching demonstrations and prize patrol where free stamps sets are given away. I wasn't lucky enough this year to win at Prize Patrol but I won last year so I can't complain. We received a super Convention bag this year which contained a Idea Book & Catalogue, our 2 stamp sets (Happiness & Fun & Fast Notes), our Make & Take supplies, an Aqua Painter and a Stampin' Up Dream Big Pen (Dream Big was the theme for Convention this year).

This year Leadership Training was held on the Friday night for Snr Supervisor and above and when the training side was finished we went outside the room for supper where we were not only treated to a rich chocolate cake but we all received a FREE stamp set called Garden Whimsy. This was a set on my wish list which I decided to hold off on ordering when I place my initial order from the new IB&C so I must have known and was so glad that I hadn't already ordered it.

Convention 2009 will be held in Canberra on 1st & 2nd May. Convention is only open to demonstrators and their guest if places are available. Why not consider joining my team in time to come along to Convention next year and join in all the fun.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: