Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mon Amie

One of the best things I like about Stampin' Up! are that their stamps do come in sets. It makes the whole process of what will go with what so much easier as any stamp in the set coordinates and compliments the others. Another added bonus is when they bring out a coordinating wheel. Now this said it doesn't mean that you can't use any of their other stamps to complete your card but if you could only afford one stamp set there is still plenty you can make with that set. Your imagination is all that is holding you back.

The Carte Postale and coordinating Leaves a la Carte wheel are a perfect example of this. I have already posted some cards made using this set and here is another today. This card was inspired by tashers on SplitCoastStampers.




I have used the Leaves a la Carte wheel on the main card using the same colour inkpad and cardstock. There are only certain colours available in the wheel cartridges but don't let that stop you. If a colour isn't available in a cartridge then use the inkpad instead to ink your wheel. A tone on tone effect can give a card a subtle touch where using a deeper colour may have overpowered and drawn attention to the wrong area.


If you have checked out the card that inspired me to create this you will notice they used patterned paper behind the main image. I like to use materials that I can purchase and also supply you with from Stampin' Up! in my samples so I decided to create my own as I did think it needed something. I've used Cameo Coral card, Background Sampler stamp set and Ruby Red ink. Always keep in mind how versatile your stamps can be. They are wonderful to use to make backgrounds or accents for Scrapbook pages too. My background strip is mounted to some Very Vanilla cardstock which I have paper pierced the top edge and scalloped the bottom. The scallop edge has been made using our Small Corner Rounder punch by removing the guard.


The main image has been created using a combination of 3 stamps from the Carte Postale stamp set. First I stamped the flower images onto Very Vanilla cardstock, which I coloured direct to stamp using our Stampin' Write Markers, and then I have stamped the leaf images using Chocolate Chip ink to fill in some areas. I have then sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla cardstock using Ruby Red and then Chocolate Chip. This is then mounted onto Chocolate Chip cardstock. Next, the bird was stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink, cut out and then mounted using Stampin' Dimensionals. Main image is then mounted onto card as shown. I added 3 Antique Brass eyelets to the background piece and finally stamped 'Mon Amie' (also from the Carte Postale stamp set) in Chocolate Chip ink onto bottom right of card.


Supplies:
Stamp sets: Background Sampler, Carte Postale, Leave a la Carte jumbo wheel.
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla.
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red (Markers & Inkpads)
Accessories: Metallic Eyelets, Small Corner Rounder Punch, Tool Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

CreativSpirit said...

This is a lovely card Nikki, Love the colours and the layout.

Hugs,

Rob

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - great layout. TFS

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Nikki, love the colours and the layout is stunning!